AT A GLANCE
|Suitable For||Those working with people with mental illness|
|Next Course Dates||Weekdays. Evenings and weekends upon request*|
|Training Location||Workplace. Venue can be provided at an additional cost|
|Duration||3.5 hours (with a break) or a full day option|
|Course Fee||3.5 hours = $128/person**
full day = $201/person**
* May incur an additional cost
** May incur additional costs for venue and nibbles
A workshop for people who want to learn how to compassionately communicate with people who live with a mental illness.
MIEACT’s Do NO Harm framework underpins how we think and talk about suicide, self-harm, eating disorders and trauma.
By the end of this workshop, participants will know how to explain their own experiences with mental illness in a way which reduces triggering other people. This course helps to protect your clients and vulnerable people in the community.
- Do NO Harm’s link with Direct Positive Contact
- Safe talking
- Context and purpose of storytelling
- Self care
- Limits to helping others
- Safe and inclusive language
- Talking about suicide, self harm and eating disorders
Who Should Attend?
- Mental Health workers
- Social workers
- Anyone who wants to learn how to effectively and compassionately talk with a person living with mental illness.