DoNOHarm: Hearing stories safely
This workshop builds your skills to use inclusive language and minimise referred trauma. Explore personal and professional boundaries to stay safe when hearing potentially triggering stories. This program is modelled off the MIEACT Educator training program.
This session is delivered by a qualified facilitator in partnership with a lived experience Educator.
By the end of this session participants will:
• Understand the current state of mental health and well-being.
• Understand the impact of language to improve communications.
• Explore inclusive language and develop respectful practices.
• Learn how to decrease escalation and minimize retraumatisation.
• Learn practical strategies to stay safe when hearing potentially triggering stories.
• Leave with practical tools to manage, support and practice positive help seeking strategies.
“This workshop gives everyone the confidence to talk about mental illness in a safe way while at the same time promoting mental health education and stigma reduction.”